Wednesday 9 May 2012

In Need of some Sunshine!!


These cold damp days are beginning to dampen my spirits at the moment. I am not one for long cold winters and you just know in your soul that the warmth of the sunshine and being outside in the fresh air is such a tonic.  I am thinking sunshine and holidays but it's just not happening.  I haven't even done my mad spring clean which inexplicably occurs as soon as the sun shines and the trees wake up. 

I guess we are all wondering when the summer will arrive, although a little birdie told me we haven't got long to wait now!  Lets hope it's here soon or I'll have to buy some new jumpers as mine are now a bit thread bare and over worn!

I was sitting in my Craft Studio yesterday and drifted into a world of contemplation and deep thought.  My dad has not been very well recently and I found myself totally overwhelmed by thoughts of how lucky I am....to have a great caring family and a wonderful extended crafting family.  It occurred to me, in the blink of an eye, that I am privileged to be part of so many lives and see so many weekly snippets of an individuals life.  The ups, the downs, the pain, the laughter, the sadness, the happiness it all makes for a life of experience and a wealth of knowledge.  So to all my crafting family.....thank you for being part of my life....

I am off to do a bit more crafting  and look forward to seeing you all soon.    My challenge for these damp dark days is to find something heart shaped, such as vegetables, flowers, petals....photograph it.....then make a backing paper from it!   You are welcome to have a go if you like.
 

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have your lovely craft studio over looking the fields. The view looks so lovely no matter what the weather! I hope your dad gets better soon and here's so a bit of sunshine on the horizon, it can't stay away forever! See you Friday. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete