Monday 16 June 2014

Craft Club Challenge - w/c 16th June 2014

BBQ King/Queen

It's that time of year and the weather has been kind of late and the "summer BBQ's are in full swing so I thought that would make a great theme for a card.  I also recently had a request for a card we have done in the past which was based on a pop up apron and notice board and as most of you have already done this one I thought I would do something slightly different.
 I promised a card for a male but realised I have a females birthday coming up but rest assured my demo for Tuesday will be based on a card for a male and there will also be a quirky pop up apron which I haven't done here!
I have used a new die which the die cuts will be available here for you to purchase as a set but there is another option which I will be demonstrating using dies in our equipment stash.

You will need to bring:
  •  A greeting card blank, the larger the better as this gives you more room to add extra bits on.
  • White card stock
  • Printed paper for the apron/back of the notice board
  • Contrasting card for the square grid on the noticeboard (Black/grey is good)
  • Any waste small dots off peel-off sheets, so take a look in your stash it is a great opportunity to use them up on the notice board.
  • Ribbon/string for the apron and accents.
  • You may want to bring any stamps that are cookery based, also mini envelopes/post cards are good for the board.
  • I have also used a plain coloured piece of card that goes with the striped paper which I have stamped onto.
You can use the theme to create a scrapbook page or as decoration for a recipe book or even a hanging plaque for the Kitchen or even using the apron as labels for jars in the kitchen...loads of uses the choice is yours.

Remember your basic tools and consumables such as PVA glues(essential for this card), d/s tape, sticky dots, inks, emboss powders.

I will be creating more during the week and will post more photos soon. Remember I love to see your finished projects so bring then in and share your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment