Monday 1 October 2012

Craft Club Challenge - 1st October 2012

Stamping Gear Deluxe Kit 725718029944
Inkadinkado Stamp Gear



Its that time again... I am back from my holiday, refreshed, relaxed and ready to craft!

The challenge for this week is a stamping challenge although you can used other accents such as punched pieces, gems and flowers etc.

I am delighted to tell you that I have been loaned a new product from Pinnacle Crafts which we are going to test drive this week and allows perfect positioning of stamps in circular shapes and ovals.  This is a great gadget and the Deluxe set comes with a multitude of stamps and as I understand it is not yet widely available in this country yet. In my brief use so far it is ideal for card making and and a great tool for Scrapbooking.

Criteria of Challenge:

Create a card or craft project using the theme of circles or ovals (eg shaped cards, circle or oval inked shapes as background, using accent stamps in a round or oval shape, creating round or oval apertures or using half circles or ovals that go off the card....

You must also use the following on your project:
  •  Embossing Powder (heated of course) or glitter or glitter glue.
  • Gems
  • A piece of vellum in some way.
  • General plain or printed card stock plus you must also use silver or gold card.
 Have fun with this challenge...This is one of my samples using the Inkadinkadoo Stamp Gear, a great bit of kit and well worth the investment, even the ladies on this mornings (Tuesdays) session (who are all fairly new to crafting) had a go and were really impressed with the results!
(Click once to enlarge)
Can you work out which stamp I used from the Inkadinkadoo photo above.
As you can see I have followed the challenge criteria and the use of the Stamp Gear created the perfect stamped circle in minutes!  I used the Spellbinders nestabilities circles to create an aperture in the brown stamped panel and then cut and embossed a slightly smaller circle in gold and attached to the underneath.  A piece of thick vellum created the perfect soft effect for the vintage photo which was printed from the Computer (Copyright free of course!) onto basic copy paper.  It really does look like porcelain.
(Click once to enlarge)
 The Stamp Gear made light work of this scrapbook page and was so easy and quick to do.  I have met the criteria of the challenge but will put vellum behind some of the small round apertures and photos behind the others..(I have just placed some beige paper behind for photographic purposes).  This is a great page for those tiny portraits which you would otherwise not use.  There is also a space for a circular photo in the centre or a key word.  The Stamp Gear stamps are very deep but it is great to show you that you can used all of your unmounted stamps....but you do have to tweek the system slightly to enable you to do this....but it is possible!
This beautiful pleated flower was created in minutes using the Memory Box die and really gives the page a bit of wow!  I don't often use 3D embellishments on scrapbooking but just couldn't resist these!        
 This Photo really doesn't do this page justice...I have stamped onto a crackle glaze effect paper for that vintage feel and the heart was created using embossing Powder.  The "Queen for a Day" tab is actually an additional card that sits in secret pocket and will conceal additional photos.
Unfortunately I was unable to pop the photos on these pages and the journalling and complete them as I have broken the printer....hhhhhhhhh never mind...but hope to be back in action soon...Yay!

I must say I loved using the Inkadinkadoo stamp gear  which lends itself brilliantly to card making and Scrapbooking and I am pleased to say I also have feedback from the craft clubbers which I will be posting shortly.

I must say I have missed you all in the month I was off and can't wait to catch up with you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment