Monday 25 March 2013

Craft lub Challenge - 25th March 2013

Create a dimensional scene Tri-Fold greeting card

Easter is nearly here and I thought I would bring you a slightly unusual style of card that you can design to suit the occasion.  The slightly curved "wings" give the impression of distance and also allows lot of layering.

You will need:
  • Base card stock that you can crease into a tri-fold card. (You can use A4 for this)
  • Stamps to create your scene (I will have some here, especially Easter stamps)
  • Trimmings and accessories to complete your card.
  • Ruler, pencil, Tape, PVA glue, craft knife/small scissors
  • Complementary papers/inks (although I have a selection of inks at the club
I will be creating an Easter version of this card at the Craft Club this week.

Hope you like this card...I am so pleased with it and it folds flat for posting....so no expensive postal charges!  I may tweek the bird by adding black stitching so it stands out against the background...if I do I will up-date the photos.

A tutorial will be available for this in the near future.

Have a great week Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I find by using distress ink on the outline edges of self coloured shapes that it helps to make the item pop and is a lot quicker than stitching fiddly shapes lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jasmine, yes I do usually use the distress inks a lot but had to get this one on-line asap..my yellow Distress ink is a bit dull and would change the fresh feel to this a bit too much??...but you are right sometimes faux stitching can take a while to do.. as always I love the advice and it's great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete